HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

How to create mud by: 73olds_omega

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zbuckster

PostSubject: How to create mud by: 73olds_omega   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 7:41 pm

HOW TO CREATE MUD BY: 73olds_omega

This build was from the ''other'' forum, nearly 3 years ago, but it was to create a rally car. I had no idea what to do so I took a shiny model from my shelf, and beat the snot outa it. I learned a lot from this build, I had no photos to build from or anything, just free spirited. Here’s what I did.

I used OIL BASE paints. They come in thousands of colors. Off hand I think the colors I used were:

Burnt Sienna
Burnt Umber
Black
Raw Umber
Raw Sienna

There are hundreds of shades so use your judgment to the type of mud the subject is based upon.

The brand is ''Pro Art'' it was a kit with like 20 different colors. it was under $10 US from any craft store, maybe even a department store will carry it. Art stores carry the variety though.

This stuff takes FOREVER to dry so don’t be rushed. It is messy to, but you can create colors so it is forgiving, and wipes off stuff fairly easy. I’m not sure what to use for thinning it out, I do know the craft shop carry items for thinning. It can take up to a week to cure so don’t rush it. You can create dirt in the tire tread fairly easy, experiment, and often, you learn so much that way, I’m serious, just try it spontaneously it’s really how I do things.

Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/

How to create mud by: 73olds_omega
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skid's Place :: Help :: Tutorials-
Jump to: