Share | 

Revell Bullitt 1968 Mustang GT Fastback

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Revell Bullitt 1968 Mustang GT Fastback   Sat 20 Apr 2013, 1:13 am

This 1968 Mustang GT Fastback is modeled after the famed "Bullitt" Mustang that was driven by Steve McQueen in the grandest of all automotive car chases ever. So let's begin shall we?

Maker: Revell
Scale: 1:25th
Make: Ford
Model Mustang GT
Parts Count: 82
Molded Colors: White, Clear Red, Clear, and Chrome Plated

Box Art:

Here's what's included in the box:

Pros: Crisp Moldings with very little flash or sink marks, pretty accurate looking parts, good parts count, Clear instructions with "recommended" paint colors, decent tread representation, and accurate decals for the build.

Cons: Not much room for improvement without a major overhaul, straight axels front and rear, hole through engine block and oil pan, screws hold the interior pan in place, one tab and one screw hold pan/frame assembly to body, very toy like hood hinges, and basic tire sidewalls/lacking detail.

Overall Conclusion: I have to say Revell has really dropped the ball on this one. This car builds up more or less into a Toy instead of a static model. Everything about this model screams "Die Cast" cookie cutter build except in styrene. This doesn't come as a surprise as a lot of their "new releases" are like this. I really hate the metal axels front and rear. To make this car "accurate" will take some scratchbuilding and a lot of research. As far as the chrome is concerned. Its not bad and is nice and shiny with no major defects.

Overall rating from 1 to being poor and 5 being the greatest. Revell you get a 2.5 in my book on this kit. This kit is more of a Skill Level 1 not a 2, unless you consider the painting the most challenging part of the build.

That's my opinion and Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Revell Bullitt 1968 Mustang GT Fastback   Sat 20 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

Pity. I'm a fan of Steve McQueen. The box art would make me buy it. Does anyone else make this car?
Back to top Go down
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Revell Bullitt 1968 Mustang GT Fastback   Sat 20 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm

Unfortunately, only in die cast. You could get an AMT Mustang Fastback and try and do the conversion yourself. I've seen it done and it looked very good. Don't get me wrong. This kit builds up nicely from what I've researched on other model car group sites. Jus' lacks the "excitement" factor for me with the metal axels and toy like assembly. 8)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revell Bullitt 1968 Mustang GT Fastback   

Back to top Go down

Revell Bullitt 1968 Mustang GT Fastback
Page 1 of 1