Share | 

Rant

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
webby
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:27 am

One of those days when everything I touch turns to, well you know!

1) Tilt steering column on the Buick is giving mucho aggro.

2) Paint on the Holden Jackeroo model went to.............

3) Wretched computer took hours to connect to the web- just when I needed some online advice.

Rant ends!!!

Time to go & indulge in some destruction.Might split some firewood & channel the rage into something useful!
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:33 am

:D

Sounds like a Monday. :cheers:

About the Buick, is the tilt really sloppy? I know that under the turnsignal plate are two screws that back off, and will need to be tightened to take the slop out of the column. Would not recommend doing it yourself unless you have done it before.
Back to top Go down
john2308

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:39 am

YEP, Know just what ya talkin about cause I've had a lot of them but I just go have a couple a beer's, relax,go to sleep and hope the next day is better and it usally is. We all need to vent once in awhile :x John
Back to top Go down
webby
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 6:29 am

Sam wrote:
:D

Sounds like a Monday. :cheers:

About the Buick, is the tilt really sloppy? I know that under the turnsignal plate are two screws that back off, and will need to be tightened to take the slop out of the column. Would not recommend doing it yourself unless you have done it before.

Oh yeah, its sloppy alright. While it was off the road waiting for a radiator recore, I stupidly thought that I'd do the column at the same time.

No good deed goes unpunished.........

I've never done one, but I'm an ex mechanic who did all the suspension & brake work on it to get it road worthy, so it's within my abilities.
Back to top Go down
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:06 am

Walk away from it Chris. Take Johns advice and have a couple of beers!! It will all look better afterwards.!!

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.co
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 11:52 am

:drunken:
Back to top Go down
harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 4:13 pm

Crud indeed happens. Midwest gets rain soaking, plains states get snowed under, and our personal lives hit pot holes. It ain't always fun, but there's a little fun in every day if we notice it. Charlie Chan said that it takes sun AND rain to make a flower bloom. Also to make mud!
Back to top Go down
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 5:50 pm

What a good thread to read, some excellent advice in there. Have a good day everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
john2308

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Thu 18 Apr 2013, 9:59 pm

Webby, loose tilt colum, it's been awhile since I done one but you will need a steering wheel puller and the tool to compress the steering lock plate. Remove steering wheel ( mark it's position align during reassembly ) compress the lock plate and remove clip and plate, remove turn signal assy. and pull wiring and switch up and over shaft ( wiring is hooked under dash and needs to be unattached from holder ) now you should be able to move the tilt shaft around to get to the bolts, don't remember what size they are ( I think they are an inverted tork which a 12point scoket will work ) but you use 1/4" drive with a long extension to get to them. Been a mech. since 1961 and have done this alot but it's been a few years since the last one just hope I'm remembering everything. Hope this helps cause it's not real easy to do. Let me know, John

P.S. How is your computer doing ?? I fix them also.
Back to top Go down
Promodwrench

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Sat 18 May 2013, 7:52 pm

Hey chris I don't know if you have ever used it. You can take Castrol SUper Clean Purple cleaner pour it into a tub and sink your model body into it, let it sit for a day or two and go drink a few beers by the time your luck has changed your model will be stripped and look like it just came out of the box and you will be all ready to paint again. *if you have done any body work to the model using fillers bondos etc. this stuff will usually strip it out so keep in mind tat the bondo work may need to be redone. Have a better day
Back to top Go down
TECHMAN

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Sun 19 May 2013, 3:45 am

8) 8) 8)

They told me......"Cheer up, things could be worse".........so I cheered up, and, sure enough, THINGS GOT WORSE!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :( :( :D :D

HOPE THINGS GOT BETTER, BRO!!!!!!

DJ
Back to top Go down
webby
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Sun 19 May 2013, 4:24 am

Promodwrench wrote:
Hey chris I don't know if you have ever used it. You can take Castrol SUper Clean Purple cleaner pour it into a tub and sink your model body into it, let it sit for a day or two and go drink a few beers by the time your luck has changed your model will be stripped and look like it just came out of the box and you will be all ready to paint again. *if you have done any body work to the model using fillers bondos etc. this stuff will usually strip it out so keep in mind tat the bondo work may need to be redone. Have a better day

Thanks for the tip, Promod, I'll google it to see if it's available here in Aus. I'm waiting on parts from the US for the column ( the joys of older import cars!)
but the computer problem at least has been licked.

And of course, if they are my only troubles, I'm doing better than 99% of the worlds population!

Cheers,

Chris
Back to top Go down
JohnJ

PostSubject: Re: Rant    Mon 20 May 2013, 12:13 am

Fertilizer happens!!

"My second childhood is so much more fun than my first."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant    

Back to top Go down

Rant