Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

AMT 1950 Chevy Street Machine Pickup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zbuckster

PostSubject: AMT 1950 Chevy Street Machine Pickup   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

AMT Kit #6681, 1950 Chevy Street Machine Pickup.

I am not sure how long this kit has been around or how many times it's been reissued. I have 5 of them in my stash and 4 of them have different box art.

The kit really is one of AMT's better offerings. It as good detail and not much flash and pin marks. It seems to be well thought out except for a couple places. The in-line 6 cylinder engine is nice. The chassis with straight bar front axle are easy to work with and really make a good looking truck. Nice display piece.

The cons are really only two. The nose of the model sits to high from the kit. I lowered it 3 scale inches to get rid of the nose up attitude. The other is the body panels that you have to glue in on the cab. I know that they did it to make it easier to get the interior tub into the body but here's the deal. If I can glue the body filler parts in place and then still get the interior tub into the cab without a struggle then they are unnecessary work. I don't like putty work and they build it into the kit. Same with the rear fenders, there is no reason to have the fender extension when they could have been part of the fender.

All in all a good kit that I would recommend to anyone. On a scale of 1-10 this one gets an 7.5.

Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/

AMT 1950 Chevy Street Machine Pickup
Page 1 of 1