Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
MODEL OF THE MONTH IS ON A TIE AT THE MOMENTS GUYS. IF YOU HAVEN'T YET VOTED, PLEASE DO SO NOW. YOU HAVE ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT!!!
Share | 

AMT 1972 Chevelle SS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zbuckster
Admin

PostSubject: AMT 1972 Chevelle SS   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:51 pm

AMT 1972 Chevelle SS. Kit #31548.

I built this kit for a 24 hour build and thought it would be an alright kit. I was about half right.

Pro: When you are all done you have a 1972 Chevelle to put on your shelf.

Con: It starts with the quality of the kit. There was a lot of flash that had to be dealt with. The body has several sink marks that need to be dealt with. The "A" pillar was broken when I open my kit, drivers side. I MEK'ed it back together and kept on going. It must have been a problem because the kit had some cardboard folded to reinforce the roof. Didn't get the job done. There are no decals in the kit so no SS stripes for the SS. The interior is on the down low detail wise. You can barely see the door handles and window cranks. The exhaust pipes and the head pipes lack about 1/8 inch form even touching. And it goes downhill from there.

Overall if you are looking for a shelf filler or a starting point for a Chevelle build then this one might work. It's gonna take a lot to get it to the nice side of the Force Luke.

On a scale of 1-10 this one gets a 4.

Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/

AMT 1972 Chevelle SS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 ::  :: -