Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Community build number four will commence on May 1st and run through until July 31st. The subject this time is 60's and 70's drag cars.
Share | 

1966 Buick Riviera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zbuckster
Admin

PostSubject: 1966 Buick Riviera   Sun 24 Mar - 2:44

This is an experimental model car. Not in the sense that it is trick. I did a lot of experimenting in the build. I gave the engine away from this kit. A friend of mine wanted to put it in a 40 Ford Coupe. So the kit wasn't complete. When I had paint problems with the 1949 Resin Merc I decided to paint the body to make sure I had the paint problems cured before going back to the Merc. I picked Candy Green from my box of HOK paint. Green is my least favorite color so I had little to lose if it didn't work. I was told about the Krylon Crystal Clear paint and wanted to try it also. I was told it had very little effect on decals. Anyway when it was painted and kit decals applied it looked really nice. I decided to finish it not with a lot of detail but complete the build. I also wanted to try using Play Dough for a masking agent so away I went. I didn't have an engine so decided to put a Ross Gibson 502 "Alley Rat" in it. Well the 502 was way to big for the engine bay I ended up with a LS series engine from a Corvette in it. All in all I was happy with it. The Play Dough thing doesn't work all that well or I don't understand all I know about it. It did open my mind to different masks. I am going to try Handi-Tak. I think it will be a lot better.

So there you go. It's on to bigger and better things for me. Thanks for looking.

All comments and input is welcome. I know I am a wimp for going with the 502. I think it will show up in a Chevelle near you soon.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 1966 Buick Riviera   Sun 24 Mar - 11:13

I think it looks great Buck, 'stiking' graphics and all.

"Would those members interested in time travel, please meet here a week last Tuesday"
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.co
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: 1966 Buick Riviera   Sun 24 Mar - 14:02

Truly a WOW factor with the color scheme. Great work as usual Buck! I like these ole Rivs and your's looks spectacular. Keep'em comin'!
Back to top Go down

1966 Buick Riviera

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1