Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

MPC 1984 Corvette

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zbuckster

PostSubject: MPC 1984 Corvette   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 6:08 am

MPC kit number 1-3724. This kit is kind of a middle of the road kit. It is an accurate 1984 Corvette in that it has the Crossfire Fuel Injection engine in it. 1984 was the only year that engine was used in the Corvette. From 1985 on they used a Tune-port system. The interior is so-so. The detail is right but hard to bring out. The flip nose is weird. The front nose doesn't glue down. If you glue it down you can't open the hood. To open the hood you remove the front nose and then it will flip up like it should. This is an older kit, the instruction sheet says copyright 1982. That's probably right there was no 1983 Corvette made. Everyone had to wait for the release of this "New Corvette" the C-4 was a new Corvette and for some reason it seems to be the least popular of all the Corvettes. Any way back to the kit I will give it a rating of 5 out 10. Middle of the road nothing to write home about.

Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
A5h

PostSubject: Re: MPC 1984 Corvette   Thu 14 Aug 2014, 8:45 pm

I used the roughly the same kit but the black box art version

For a newbie it had the same issues, which i could not work with, right now its in my parts box on my.. To do when I got some experience... List
Back to top Go down

MPC 1984 Corvette
Page 1 of 1