Limelight on..........Midnightprowler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
beowulf

PostSubject: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Mon 08 Aug 2016, 1:38 pm

Date of Birth:11-27-1960

Place of Residence:East Bethel, Mn

Interests or hobbies besides modelling:

Astronomy, love the night sky. Reading. I could spend hours reading, but not electronic reading, I love paper. Nothing like the feel and smell of it. I love birdwatching too. We live on 2.3 acres, and feed the birds, love seein which ones come.

It sounds like you had an interesting occupation, would you care to expand on that a little please?

For most of my career I have been in the custom cabinetry line of work, I stain, paint, seal, topcoat, etc. Do touch up once cabinetry is in the home. Since 2012 I have been working for a company called Process Displays. We make store fixtures and advertising displays. We do work for companies such as Apple, Sony, Target, Google, Amazon, and many others.

Midnightprowler  is an interesting alias. Would you care to share a little about the history behind this?

My username, lol. Pretty simple really. It is my former Citizens Band radio handle, from when I used a CB back in the mid 80's.

When did you build your first model and can you remember what it was?

yes. It was in 1968. I saved my .25c a week allowance and saved and bought the first issue of AMT's old Star Trek USS Enterprise kit.

What sports do you play or watch:

I occasionally watch a baseball game or NASCAR race.

Which are your favourite foods and drinks?

In no particular order, pizza, a good hamburger, ribeye steak.I love milk, and Mountain Dew Pitch Black.

What type of music do you favour and who are your favourite artistes?

I prefer Christian rock/metal. Some of my favorite bands are Petra, Third Day, Barren Cross, Whitecross, amongst many otheres older and newer. As far as secular music, I love almost anything from the 60's and 70's, escpecialy 70's classic rock.

Who is your favourite author and what genre of fiction do you favour.?

Ted DeKker. I really like supernatural thrillers, and he is a master at it. Another great one is Frank Peretti.

Thinking of famous people, who would you most like to meet (past or present) and what would you like to ask or say to them.

I would really like to meet the Apostle Paul. He went from being one of the biggest persecutors of those who followed Jesus in his day to the biggest supporter of Christ in his day. I would really like to ask him about his conversion experience as well as what exactly his "thorn in the flesh" was that kept him humble.

Marooned on a desert island which luxury item and which essential item would you take with you and why?? (No means of communicating with the outside world is permitted)

Luxury item would be a mp3 player, I love music, essential item for me would be a Bible, I love reading God's word.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why would you like to go there?

Israel. I really want to visit the land where Jesus walked and talked and taught.

best childhood memory

This one is kind of tough, believe it or not. Having been raised in a cult that pretty much robbed me of most of it. I would have to say probably either coming home from school and watching "The Whirlybirds", or I also have some fond memories of all of us sitting down on a Saturday night with bowls of popcorn and watching "Hee Haw", a country western comedy show.

if you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be?

Easy one. The crucifixion, burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

How many built models do you have in your collection, which are your favourites and why?

i have approximately 80-90 built kits. My favorites are my 66 Batmobile, have always loved that car, my General Lee, love Chargers and enjoy The Dukes of Hazzard, another favorite is my 1/32 Huey, done as Robert Mason's bird he flew in Vietnam. I love wagons too, some others I really like are my 57 Del Rio, 66 Malibu wagon, and my 56 Nomad.

Which are you favourite films?

Twister is one, Up is another.

What is your favourite car, bike or plane?

If I have to pick one, it would be the UH1 Huey.

If you could change something about our hobby, what would it be and why?

i would like to see car kits with pe, and if they are stock vehicles, more comprehensive markings for under the hood and gauges.

People involved in our early lives often have the most influence upon us. Would you care to tell us who that person was for you and why?

Even tho I have issues with some of my childhood, it would be my parents. They taught me responsibility, dependability, and the basics of being a decent person.

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?

i would like to thank you all for letting me be a part of this forum, and thank you for choosing me and taking the time to do this. I know a lot of my answers are faith based, but that is the most important thing in my life. The second most important thing is my wife. Hard to believe this year we have been married 25 years, and in November have known each other 27 years.

2009 A:72 B:31 C:4....2010 A:50 B:27 C:21....2011 A:45 B:25 C:2....2012 A:25 B:19 C:2
2013 A:25 B:15 C:2....2014 A:29 B:16 C:0....2015 A:28 B:21 C:1....2016  A:20 B:13 C:1
2017 A:19 B:7 C:12.....2018 A:2 B:1 C:1

Paul
Back to top Go down
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Mon 08 Aug 2016, 2:06 pm

Great to get to know you better Lee, great interview Paul. 
Back to top Go down
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Mon 08 Aug 2016, 3:12 pm

Nice interview guys and great to know a little about you Lee.

"I know a lot of my answers are faith based,"

Don't worry about that Lee, we have all sorts here including athiests such as myself. All that matters is that we respect each others beliefs.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.co
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Mon 08 Aug 2016, 5:08 pm

Good Interview, I really feel like I know you better now. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm

Sounds like a fine life up in the land of 10,000 lakes and humorist Garrison Keillor country. Thanx for your postings here. Wish u good weather and models!
Back to top Go down
midnightprowler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Tue 09 Aug 2016, 11:45 pm

Thanks guys. It was fun doing this.
Back to top Go down
disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Wed 10 Aug 2016, 12:17 pm

I bet it was Lee buddy...LOL... Nice to get to know a friend better too. Lee has helped me in the past a few times...hes a good guy too just for the information gents.
Back to top Go down
midnightprowler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Thu 11 Aug 2016, 12:57 am

You are too kind sir.
Back to top Go down
RetiredMike
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Thu 11 Aug 2016, 3:41 am

Nice to get to know you, Lee.

Stay connected.
Back to top Go down
webby
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Thu 11 Aug 2016, 10:47 am

Good to find out a little about the man behind 'midnight prowler'.
Back to top Go down
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   Fri 12 Aug 2016, 7:33 pm

Great interview! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us and I definitely agree with you that the printed word is preferable to electronic books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limelight on..........Midnightprowler   

Back to top Go down

Limelight on..........Midnightprowler
Page 1 of 1