Share | 

Mean 18 Trucktoon Kit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Mean 18 Trucktoon Kit   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:53 am

I thought I would post a different kind of "Kit" that I recently purchased. I saw one of these at a model show that was made by a very good modeler. This person is a professional automotive painter, so it was finished beautifully. When I saw it on the internet, I had to get it.

This kit is by Jimmy Flintstone. It has no scale, as it is a cartoon kit. It is mostly resin, with some white metal parts for the marker lights and fuel tank fill caps. I guess they can be polished to a bright finish. The resin is very good, with almost no air bubbles or porosity. It also has very little flash for resin castings.

Here are photos of the complete kit and a closeup of the cab:

This should be a fun thing to make, and I may have to even turn some aluminum parts for it, such as the fuel tanks. :shock:

Also included in the box was a few "freebies". :cheers: Jimmy Flintstone also makes a line of resin shift knobs for full size cars. He included three of these with the kit, two skulls and one tiki. Here is a photo of those:

I ordered this off of the internet (his site), and received very prompt service.
Back to top Go down
itsonlyakit

PostSubject: Re: Mean 18 Trucktoon Kit   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 8:14 am

Very impressive "Toon Kit", hope to see it finished. Those freebies are wild too.
Cheers Eh!
Back to top Go down
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Mean 18 Trucktoon Kit   Tue 05 Mar 2013, 3:56 pm

I forgot to add to this post, that I am going to convert the hood/headlights/grille to that of a Western Star. I used to work as an Engineering Manager on that brand, so I just have to change it. :shock:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mean 18 Trucktoon Kit   

Back to top Go down

Mean 18 Trucktoon Kit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skid's Place :: Other Stuff :: Kit reviews-
Jump to: