Skid's Place

Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)   Tue 05 Sep 2017, 11:37 am

Agree with Gaz
The PE on the fill caps really reflect a steampunk theme !
Nice work !

Back to top Go down
disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)   Tue 05 Sep 2017, 12:06 pm

Literally amazed....
Back to top Go down
KatsZenJammer

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)   Mon 11 Sep 2017, 12:24 am

Thanks for the kind comments and encouragement, fellows  

And another thanks for the kind comments for the fill caps - I wasn't sure if the idea would work so it's nice to hear it looks ok (hard to be objective about one's own stuff and all that).  Now the only problem is to resist the urge to spatter ivy leaves onto any spot where they'll fit, lol.

Puttering along - added 'nut and bolt' details to the rear and front tank mounts.

The beginning of the PE detailing for the secondary water tank.  Similar in theme to the main water tank but a slightly different approach.

The smaller water valve for the secondary tank, mostly scratched, but I retained the second 'wing nut' from the kit valve for use here.  A comparison shot with the main tank valve.

Test fit of the valves in place, the secondary is slightly higher then the main to allow for gravity feed.  And a bit more of the PE added as well.

And a bit more PE.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'm going to add embellishment to the fuel tank in the form of decoration or 'practical' details. Then there's the fill cap and feed valve for the fuel tank to make as well.  

The instrument panel is percolating - I'm still trying to nail down what I want to have featured there in terms of gauges but one thing I'm not putting in is a speedometer/odometer.  Why no speedo? Well, getting into the Steampunk Ethos thing it occurred to me that Safety was not on top of the priority list in the early days of experimental vehicles and a lot of the stuff we take for granted today would have been considered unnecessary back-when. Plus this way I don't have to make the speedo cable and whatever sort of assembly would be needed to get the reading.

Just keep swimming ...
Back to top Go down
disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)   Mon 11 Sep 2017, 12:02 pm

That is so cool..!
Back to top Go down
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)   Mon 11 Sep 2017, 2:11 pm

More great work Kats, the PE looks brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)   Yesterday at 11:36 am

Still loving watching all of this take place !!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)   

Back to top Go down

Steampunk Harley - Tamiya 1/6 HD FLH Classic 'extreme' kit bash (Very Photo Heavy)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15