Skid's Place

Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam

PostSubject: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:52 am

Anybody from here going to the show Sat the 14th ? I will be there with a few entries and a table of kits. lol
Back to top Go down
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 1:38 pm

Sorry Sam, I am going to have to miss that one lol...
Back to top Go down
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 3:16 pm

Send me a plane ticket and I'm on my way!!!

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.co
JohnJ

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Fri 13 Nov 2015, 4:54 pm

Sam: in all seriousness, I can't make this one. But, give me some lead time on any other shows and I'll see if I can make one or two in the next year.

"My second childhood is so much more fun than my first."
Back to top Go down
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Sat 14 Nov 2015, 1:42 pm

Sam, normally I would be there. But I am in the Atlanta area (Smyrna). So I am going to their NNL show today. I will have my race truck in the show.

Head home tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Sat 14 Nov 2015, 4:50 pm

Good Luck Pete. I know that Truck will do well at the NNL.

Sam, you woill have a ball, sorry I couldn't make it this year.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Sun 15 Nov 2015, 12:41 am

Best to any show goers!  Post pix if you can.  We're there in spirit!
Back to top Go down
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Sun 15 Nov 2015, 12:59 am

I took lots of photos at the Southern Nats NNL today. I will post highlites when I get home on Monday.

It was a great show with tons of models and people. Final count was 750 models on the tables! It has a great vendor area with lots of the top suppliers there.

They have folks select their top 5 favorite models, tally the numbers, and then give a trophy to each of the top ten. They also have trophies for the best junior, and best theme cars (vans and station wagons).

The race truck did well, with it selected as one of the top ten. It also won the Augie Hiscano Engineering Award! What an honor, as Augie was one one my heroes, who I met at my first two GSLs. He got me onto the machining end of the hobby.

It was a fun day and a show I would highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Sun 15 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

Way To Go Pete.
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:00 am

Nice one Pete !!

I am having fits with getting the pics off my phone. Unfortunately I had to edit out the fuzzy ones.

I met some great guys, had a great time and Pam helped me all day. What a trooper and a BIG thanks to her for my anniversary present. (letting me go to a model show, lol)

There were just under 150 total entries. I took 8 entries. I tried to not load any one catagorie, but somebody forgot to send me the list of catagories. lol Anyway, in the straight line category my 1965 Chev PU gasser took third, in the Box stock my Opel took third. In the motorcycle category my Cup Noodle Honda took a first and my CB 750 second. I thought the third place trike was better than both of mine. What was the real shocker was the Closed course/open and closed wheel category. I was heavy in that one and ended up with four out of the seven entries. I was completly shocked when they announced my name for third, then second...and THEN, FIRST ! I was floored. Funny thing was, my Dodge Dart sportsman class dirt tracker was the only one that I thought had a chance of even placing next to the other three entries, and that was the one that did not even place. My Jordan F1 took third, the Ferrari GTO dirt tracker was second, and my Buddy Baker took first. WOW !

I will get more pics up as I sort them out, but here is the first.

Back to top Go down
2whl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:35 am

Awesome job, Mr 7 out of 8

2018 A=6  B=0  C=1
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Mon 16 Nov 2015, 1:37 am

Thanks Paul,

This T-Bird took best paint, as well as custom, and it was a mile deep and flawless.

The slammer category was full of just unbelievable builds, but this Google car took first.

They have a master category that all previous first place winners can enter, this plane took first.

This radical VW won first in straight line as well as a special in memorandum reward due to its innovation and execution,  well deserved.

I am not into the rat rod thing, but this was just an awesome rendition

The dio entries were just phenomenal

Here is a link to the rest of the pics...
http://s40.photobucket.com/user/sampamandfam/library/Model%20Expo%202015
Back to top Go down
john2308

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Mon 16 Nov 2015, 2:27 am

Looks like a good show with some great models, thanks for sharing Sam
Back to top Go down
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Mon 16 Nov 2015, 3:04 am

Nice haul Sam. I am glad you had fun. 7 out of 8 ain't half bad. LOL
Back to top Go down
harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Mon 16 Nov 2015, 12:55 pm

Any award is recognition of skills and hard work.  I'm impressed by the quality of the builds considering it's not a huge show.  Lotsa fine modelers around there!  As to judging, the points system reflects the biases of judges though it shouldn't.  Sometimes entries benefit, as often they don't.  Congrats on what looks like a great trip.
Back to top Go down
JohnJ

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Mon 16 Nov 2015, 4:20 pm

Congratulations Sam on great weekend.

"My second childhood is so much more fun than my first."
Back to top Go down
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   Tue 17 Nov 2015, 9:51 pm

Way to go Sam. Sorry I missed it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon   

Back to top Go down

Show at the Denny's Convention Center In Clackamas Oregon
Page 1 of 1