Skid's Place

Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Art Laski

PostSubject: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:50 am

Here's my only completion of 2014. There is a little back story on this one. My little sister, Stephanie, mentioned to me a while back that she really liked Willys street rods. My good friend, John Teresi, whose work some of you may be familiar with, was building a Willys, so we decided we could each do one at the same time. Well, if you know John, then you won't be surprised to hear he finished his before I even got mine de-flashed!

Stephanie is my half sister, and my stepmom is the daughter of automotive legend Ted Halibrand, so I really wanted to emphasize Halibrand components on the build to commemorate Stephanie's grandfather. In order to do that I added wingnuts to the Halibrand wheels that came in the kit, and replaced the Ford 9-inch rear end with a Halibrand quick change. To get it to fit, I ended up replacing the entire rear suspension with a working 4-link set up.

Other mods include opening the trunk and doors, and making a fuel cell for the open trunk space. I also replaced the blower with a scratch-bashed resin injector unit, just to do something a little different. Hope you enjoy it!

Back to top Go down
Art Laski

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:51 am

Some Inside shots

Back to top Go down
Old Coyote
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 2:09 pm

a beautiful piece sir ............ your talents are off the scale
Back to top Go down
RetiredMike
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 3:32 pm

That is truly a work of art, sir. One of the most beautiful undersides I've ever seen. Great detail and color on the engine.
Back to top Go down
Dave from Pleasanton

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 3:56 pm

Gorgeous work! What was Stephanie's reaction?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 4:31 pm

WOW.......................

............. That is all.
Back to top Go down
A5h

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm

Wow Art thats really really good, loving tho opening doors and interior panels..

Back to top Go down
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 6:01 pm

That's a beauty !!!!!
Nice work !!!
Back to top Go down
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 6:13 pm

Nice one Art.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.co
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 6:19 pm

WOW, fabulous model, Art! The details are unbelievable. I agree that the view of the chassis is gorgeous.

What did you use for a finish on the fuel cell? It is perfect. Also what did you use for the injector stacks, valve covers and tranny pan? They look like perfect red anodizing!
Back to top Go down
Johnag

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:07 pm

Hi Art,

WOW, simply WOW Sir, love the colour too...

Andy...
Back to top Go down
http://www.veterans-uk.info/
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:20 pm

Outstanding work.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Sun 11 Jan 2015, 8:11 pm

Excellent !!

Back to top Go down
Art Laski

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Mon 12 Jan 2015, 6:02 am

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the nice comments! It does mean a lot to me that you took the time to tell me your thoughts.

Pete, the fuel cell is painted with Alclad Polished Aluminum, as is the tranny, the alternator and any other polished aluminum bits. The chrome is all Alclad Chome as well, and the radiator is Alclad polished brass.

The anodized aluminum is something that, in my opinion, just worked out perfect. I shot the valve covers and tranny pan with Testors Aluminum Plate and buffed them. Then I shot Alclad transparent red over that at real low volume and pressure so it was almost flat, which gave it a great sheen. The injector stacks were plated, so I just shot the Alclad straight on the metal plating, and it still worked fairly well.
Back to top Go down
webby
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Mon 12 Jan 2015, 6:11 am

Eleven out of ten. Outstanding job!
Back to top Go down
Art Laski

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   Mon 12 Jan 2015, 6:41 am

Dave from Pleasanton wrote:
Gorgeous work! What was Stephanie's reaction?

Dave, well, about that... she doesn't know about it yet. I wanted to tote it around a bit to various shows, then when I'm done with all of that, present it to her for her to keep. So I have kept it under wraps so she can take it when she learns of it. Maybe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys   

Back to top Go down

Stephanie's Rose Halibrand-equipped 41 Willys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1