Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

National Model Car Museum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zbuckster

PostSubject: National Model Car Museum   Tue 23 Sep 2014, 8:33 pm

Sorry I didn't realize that I hadn't posted this yet.

On the recent trip to Speedweek, which was rained out. We all got to go to the national Model Car Museum. Al, John, Sam, Bob and I all meant there for a private tour (arranged by John, thank you very much John). Phil Gladstone was our tour guide. While there I donated my entire Bob Paeth Collection to the Museum. It was a very hard thing for me to do as Bob was a good friend of mine. The collection was Picture CD taken in Bob's model room, 4 models, a business card from when he worked at Revell and the handout from his funeral service. I thought it would be better if the world could see this stuff instead of it setting in my private museum. I know there is more of Bob's stuff floating around this area and will try to get more to add to the collection.

Two things I found out at the Museum. Bob's Camera takes yellow looking pictures indoors, Lighting I guess and it's really hard to take a good picture through a piece of glass.

I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them.

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/Zbuckster/slideshow/oMuseums/National%20Model%20Car%20Museum

I know the slideshow starts with photos taken in the Hotel room of Al's Model A cop car, but it was all part of the experience.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: National Model Car Museum   Sun 12 Jun 2016, 11:02 am

Just stumbled across this Buck, very enjoyable slide show. Al's model is a cracker, loved seeing that again. Thanks for posting these great pictures.
Back to top Go down

National Model Car Museum
Page 1 of 1