Skid's Place

Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Johnston

PostSubject: Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 12:35 pm

I flew to Pittsburgh for a family wedding this weekend and the hotel where I stayed was having a Tesla Marketing event.  They had 4 of them and you could schedule test drives.  I could not drive one because the first slot was after I had to leave for the wedding.  I did spend quite a bit of time talking to the fellow who was showing them.  They are not cheap LOL

This is the car I rented.  This is a 2014 V6 car that was very snappy.  I have an 06 GT with the 4.6 L V8.  If I compare the cars I have to say that the 2014 is a much smoother driver and handles better....noticeably better.  However even though the V6 car is advertised as having 5 more HP than my car, the V8 definitely has more torque.  The V8 feels faster off the line and when you stomp on it.  However this V6 car was absolutely a blast to drive.  Probably more enjoyable than my GT.  I only wonder how the 14 GT drives with that 400+ HP engine :)

Back to top Go down
Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:29 pm

I really like the Tesla, I saw a few around here. The design of the body is very very nice, it remind me of some Maserati.
Back to top Go down
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:44 pm

Tesla builds some super nice cars. Both the looks and performance.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:23 pm

I agree that the Tesla looks great. I saw one up close during my summer visit to the Bay Area. They are impressive.

At least these weren't on fire!!
Back to top Go down
harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:05 pm

Most unfortunate it takes $$$$ to afford an electric car with s sporty character. Likely we'll have electric vehicles with small gas powered chargers for the batteries for a good while before all-electric cars are the norm. The Teslas had a big drop in sales following the one that caught fire. Thanx for the Mustang update too. V-6 is a good way to go these days, especially with fuel prices set to rise as more folks world wide become vehicle owners and desire big powerful comfortable vehicles, like SUVs.
Back to top Go down
wisdonm
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)   Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm

I've seen about 5 Tesla S on the street already.

Those newer V-6 Mustangs are the perfect rentals for track days. They have last year's GT suspension and 300HP. Not bad for $49 per day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)   

Back to top Go down

Some interesting cars this weekend (Model S)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1